Saturday, March 6, 2010

L'amour du chocolat

I've experimented with a few truffles recipes and I've finally settled on Alton Brown's recipe. However instead of using brandy in the truffles, I prefer to use Grand Marnier or some other flavored alcohol. So far I've tried Bailey's, homemade cherry brandy, and peppermint schnapps.

Truffles are surprisingly not that hard to make if you're not trying to get a crispy outer chocolate shell. It's dark chocolate, butter, cream, corn syrup and some flavored alcohol in a pot, all melded together into chocolatey deliciousness.

The truffles you see above are the ones that I made for Jay on Valentine's Day. They were quite a success. =)

Here's the link to Alton Brown's recipe if you want to try it:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chocolate-truffles-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment